Ariel Mangoo Interview
With Simone Myrie
LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
The Prophet. I love hat it talks about elements of love and life and purpose and friendship and that it’s timeless. It was written decades ago and if I were to read it in 2000 years, it would still make sense.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
Innocence. When I was young I used to take everything at face value. I wouldn’t hesitate to smile. If I saw someone struggling, I’d get emotional and try to help them.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
My Dad I remember so many lessons that he taught me as a child. he would tell me old stories of growing up in Jamaica and what he has learned about life.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
I need to put myself first in order to be able to give to others. When I feel depleted, it’s because I didn’t honor my boundaries.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
Forgive yourself for being hard on yourself and tying your happiness to whether or not people welcomed you into their lives.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
Truly lived and owned her own story.